Answered By: Rachel Maderik Last Updated: Aug 18, 2016 Views: 10
There are rules about eating and drinking in the library because we care about the building, and we care about the materials and equipment in the building.
What is allowed
- Water bottles, and there are fountains on every floor where you can refill yours.
- Covered drink containers
- Small, unobtrusive, non-distracting snacks.
What is not allowed
- Drinks in an uncovered, unsecured container
- Food that is: messy, smelly, or in other ways distracts other library users
- Delivery of foods to the library
Be sure to use wastebaskets, and don't place containers of liquid in them. This is a courtesy to our custodial staff and helps prevent potential pest problems.